Thursday 17 January 2013

Oooh Man

As hard as it was to whittle down the looks from this years London Collections:Men, I think I have managed to pick some corkers! I know the norm is to observe as a look for the males, BUT I have been daydreaming about many looks on the female form! I find them so adaptable to both sexes and equally as flattering. Just look at these beauties.....(hang around for some ramblings and dessert...)

Alexander McQueen
So the masks are a bit weird but all in the name of fashion right? Fetish Fantastic I would call it. Lu-huving the co-ord prints in traditional suit cuts...that double breasted number is just fab-u-lous. I HAVE to get my boif investing in McQueen...right up his street (finally his crazy fashion is becoming so hot right now).






Angelo Galasso
Fur-on-Guy action is becoming my new favourite obsession...because I usually have more than one at a time.  Blue - another hit colour this year. Two hotties in two hottie get-ups. YUM. P.S velvet slippers also scrummy.




Baartmans and Siegel
MORE fur...I am in love.


Christopher Kane
Not the only designer to utilise animal prints this year...why has it only just happened for men? I mean come on, who doesn't want..NEED to let the animal out?! Particular shout-out for the clutch....gimmie.





E Tautz
Heritage meets alternative/mod/indie (insert as you wish) with beautiful cuts and the perfect silhouette of a man. And the second look...place upon female goddess and swoon.




Katie Eary
I am so fricken excited about this collection I am screaming. Literally. Flowers, co-ords, colour..lots of colour, oversized, lace up legs and necklaces. I'll have it all thanks.






Nutters of Savile Row x Peter Werth
Oh. My. Gosh. Breathtakingly beautiful. Yes, both the clothes and models. Heritage ... I just LOVE ITTTTT! Tweed and fur. Tweed and fur. I mean come on...what more do you men want?!




Oliver Spence
Slight French twist in this collection which of course is easy on the eye. Casual comfort  that makes you want to move somewhere slow paced and scenic. Just add a baguette and coffee in hand and female on arm dressed in an equally effective ensemble.




RAKE
Fur, velvet, leather. Greens, blues, grey. Sex on legs. Don't tell me your heart wouldn't miss a little beat if you eye-balled any of these delectable creations in your passing. I'm wobbly now and these are only JPEGs.






Richard James
I know this was on my previous post BUT green and cream upon my screen make me scream and I can't wean myself away from this scene. You heard it here first. Thank you Richard James for releasing the inner poet inside in complement of the poetry of your fashion.




Savile Row
Men in uniform and smoking jackets. Oh so quintessentially British. The oldies are always the best standing the test of time and falling in line with old AND new. Every man should aspire to own a piece from Savile Row. Hell, I want to own a piece from Savile Row.






Xander Zhou
The hair do's aren't really up my street but daayyy-amm this particular outfit is perfection for transition from winter to spring. Switch the high-tops for a pair of Loubies and we got ourselves a deal.



So much to love and so much to WANT. A man in finery is something no woman (or man dependant on fancy!) can resist. Think 1920s/1930s when men were men and the military look was a necessity. Black and whites depicting gentlemen in their personally tailored attire making leading ladies faint away at the walk of a man who looks good; albeit soldier or business man. Add a sprinkle of fur here and a smother of leather there and we have ourselves a London Collections: Men success. 

Dessert as promised:







Oliver Cheshire // Harry Treadaway // David Gandy <insert obscene remark here regarding said males>

Images Vogue.co.uk




No comments:

Post a Comment